Monday, March 09, 2009

Surprise Ministry


Yesterday, on my way back from church, i decided to stop by a coffee shop - just to enjoy a cup of coffee and some toasted bread. I also brought a book along. It was going to be one of those times when i can simply relax and do something that i really enjoy: reading. I decided to go to this shop - a new shop near my place. As i got into the shop, i was greeted by a well dressed gentleman - actually in is 60s. He spoke eloquently. i sat down and looked at the menu, and this well mannered gentleman took a look at the title of the book that i had placed on the table and said that it would have something to do with the church. After ordering we sat down and had a wonderful conversation. Our discussion was base on his question of why God doesn't seemed to be doing anything - in the light of our struggles and prayers. Our conversation lasted for about 45 minutes. I left that coffee shop being blessed by the surprised meeting with this gentleman. I felt God was reminding me that i need not to convert anyone. this is the work of the Holy Spirit. I just need to be faithful at proclaiming the things that God has laid in my heart. The key thought that i was led to share with this man was: God does work in the world that we live in but not necessary in the way and time that we desire. This brings back to memory a verse from the bible: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts from your thoughts." (Isaiah 55: 8 - 9)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------