Woman on the Beast
I was having dinner with Rhema and Yohanen in a nice Western Restaurant (it was our Anniversary Dinner) and Beyonce's concert was being played on the TV monitor. Rhema and I talked a bit about the lady on the screen. I couldn't help but make a passing remark to Rhema. Beyonce was dress out to 'kill'. Saw this image of a young man in the concert, all taken in awe of her. It's like him telling, "i want you". Didn't see much after that. But, a passage came to mine about the woman on the Beast in Revelation 17: 3 - 4. (The woman dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls). In a next glimpse, i saw this huge audiance filled with people....and was reminded of the multitudes that was led astray by the woman on the Beast.
Now, i am not saying that Beyonce is the person mentioned in Revelation 17. But, i am thinking this is what it would be like in the fulfillment of the prophecy in Rev. 17. Of course, Beyonce is only trying to put on a show that the people would like to see. But, in doing so she had fallen into the devil's trap of enticing people into lust of the flesh. The more i think about it, the more i realise why the devil wants to cause young man and woman to sell themselves to lust. What better way to desecrate the temple of the Holy Spirit than this?
I feel sad for Beyonce Giselle Knowles. I remember hearing that the name "Destiny Child", the group that she belonged to got its name from the Book of Isaiah. The groups members come for a strong Christian background. I even remembered that at the formation of their group, they prayed and seek the Lord for direction. It is sad to see where Beyonce is today. I am sure, it must have grieved God's heart.
Now, i am not saying that Beyonce is the person mentioned in Revelation 17. But, i am thinking this is what it would be like in the fulfillment of the prophecy in Rev. 17. Of course, Beyonce is only trying to put on a show that the people would like to see. But, in doing so she had fallen into the devil's trap of enticing people into lust of the flesh. The more i think about it, the more i realise why the devil wants to cause young man and woman to sell themselves to lust. What better way to desecrate the temple of the Holy Spirit than this?
I feel sad for Beyonce Giselle Knowles. I remember hearing that the name "Destiny Child", the group that she belonged to got its name from the Book of Isaiah. The groups members come for a strong Christian background. I even remembered that at the formation of their group, they prayed and seek the Lord for direction. It is sad to see where Beyonce is today. I am sure, it must have grieved God's heart.
Labels: Contemporary

3 Comments:
Hallo Pastor, i was randomly clicking people's blog till I saw Urs! I m one of the Youth in Youth camp 2007.I think. haha..Is there such thing call miracle healing? If God do love HIS children, why make them suffer?
wow Pastor... after so many months of absent, finally u made a post! i was not aware of it Until pastor Sivit told me :p
I am very kam ching with him :)
People changes from time to time. Is either to the worst or better. Beyonce will not be the beyonce you know in the first place.
Guess she is suck into the world of temptation and hunger for fame.
hi jarod. it's my off day. i was watching Star Wars - Episode 5. Luke skywalker would undergo his Jedi training. At one point, he would face his greatest fear: turning to the dark side. He will see himself in Darth Vader's suit. I guess, the lesson there was never under estimate the 'dark side.' Although, Star Wars is not my passion & i don't believe in the "force" (which is hinduism by the way), i do believe there is a lesson to be lesson here.
Post a Comment
<< Home