Becoming Real

Why did Jesus asked the question, "Do you love me more than these?" to Peter? It was the moment of truth for him. I am sure that the first thing that would have come into his mind was his previous claim, "even if all fall away, i will not" (Mark 14: 29). It was time for Peter to get real, and to come face to face with the truth that he is not exactly what he claims to be. The Spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
It is only as Peter gets real with God that the inward transformation begins to happen. Peter, had to admit that he is not able to love Jesus to the extent that he is able to lay down his life for Him. Two times in John 21 Jesus ask the question: to you agapao me? Peter used the word phileo in his reply.
Becoming honest with God is the first step towards inward transformation. God invites us to get real with Him, and in doing so we experience the reality of His Presence.
When i think about all that has happened in the past one week, i am amazed at His incredible love. I can see the faithfulness of God in spite of my many failures. I must say, that i am challenged and changed by His grace and kindness. How else can we respond to the love of God but to love Him?
Labels: Sunday Sermon

1 Comments:
Hmm~ after reading your comments on my blog..Geeze~ I felt much more calmer. Before this, I dont dare to go for another medical checkup, because.. Yes! I am a coward. I dont dare to face it. I cant afford to have another heartbreak. I cant decide myself..the pathway i need to choose.. My decision of recovering fully or loosing my legs..But to think of it.I am being foolish. I am afraid of going into crowded places. Its so funny that even i walked down the stairs i thank God I did not fall. Haha ^^
Yes, God love us so much he sacrifice his son for Us. I guess, after few nights of thinking and all..
I will choose to face it instead of running away for it. Go to the checkups hope that i dont go through that insane surgery.
Thanks for your advise..
Thanks for listening.
Once again, i felt HE is with me.. I know HE love me. For that, i will pull myself up believe I will recover soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home