Growth Experience
I have noticed that God's source in aiding me to grow sometimes comes from unexpected places. Last week, when I visited Rhema & Yohanen, I felt disturbed in my spirit. To see Rhema and Yohanen, after some time of being physically separated (Rhema is in Ipoh with my mom learning driving) is painful. The pain of being separated is terrible. Yet, God is using such events to do something deeper in my soul. This pain reminds me of the separation I experienced with my parents during my Primary & Secondary School days. I remembered those days (which I did forget and was hidden for many years now) when I visited my parents in Ipoh; I dreaded of having to leave them and be separated from them (once the holiday was over). I remembered looking at the clock, counting every precious minutes when I can be with them. And when it actually came to parting ways, I would often time be in tears. Seeing Rhema & Yohanen, brought this memory back to my mind. Except this time, I was the parent…but being separated is difficult and painful. This morning in our church morning prayer meeting (LMC), the Lord began ministering His healing. He said that in all those years when I felt abandoned, He was with me. Even now, in my pain, He is with me.
God reminded me of something that Yohanen did. He held my hand and walked with me. Sometimes, I think I am like that. I am holding my Heavenly Father's hand and walking with Him. Yet, the Lord reminded me: more than my holding of Him, He is holding on to me. What a wonderful God we have? Who is like the Lord (Chael)?
I thought that as parents we need to teach and mold our children. I am sure that is inevitable and demanded of the parents. What I am learning is that God also uses children to teach parents. Praise be to God!

2 Comments:
It's true that "absence makes the Heart grows fonder", and separation is painful to bear. But if the sheep is always kept in the pen, it'll become sick for lack of fresh air, exercise and fresh food. We all need space to grow.
I too hate to be apart from my loved ones, and after all these years, I am still not used to saying good-bye to hubby when he has to travel for work.
Think Phek Kin, ladies are more real than man, at times. I mean, they are more in touch with their emotions (just commenting on the last line) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home