Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gems in secret places

I think it was on Monday, I had an opportunity to watch this TV programme called "Bersama Mu" (With You). The show featured this family which was mentally disabled. What was amazing about them was the kindness and love they had for one another. Even though, they were not able to function has 'normal' people would, great pain and trouble were taken to express the concern they had for one another. The parents for example (who were themselves disable) took the job of toilet cleaners in order to support their kids, financially. I think that God has got a lesson to teach us through such people, if we are willing. Sometimes we might be thinking that we are doing a service to them by helping them. But the reality is that without them we would forget what it means to be humans.

2 Comments:

Blogger silentsoliloquy said...

*smiles* We can learn much from unexpected people and places.

11:08 am  
Blogger Pastorpher said...

Rhema and I prayed on Monday, "Lord, open our eyes!" And he did. He brought us to visit a mother and child in the hospital on Wednesday. When we prayed for them we sensed God's Presence. God is good!

11:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------