Friday, July 15, 2005

Warning: Beware of Asking

Beware of what you ask. You know why? You might get it!

I want to share with you what happened when Yong Guang and I were in Tioman (tropical island). It was the morning when we went out for our snorkeling trip. Both of us were quite excited. We got on the hotel shuttle bus. We purposely sat on the last seat at the rear end of the bus. We had this look on our faces….or at least I had. We told ourselves that we are craving for some adventure. We joked about it. And then we paused and thought for a while (yeah…I know that this rarely happens). God might actually grant us our request! Do we really want this?

So to cut the story short, we got into this very small speed boat with a young driver. He was really fast; so fast that we were literary getting drench. We had a firm grip on the boat, hoping not to get thrown out into the water. And there was this grin on my face. Yes…adventure!! We went to five different spots. The water was great. So many fishes and so near….and the corals. It was simply out of this world experience. We even saw a group of divers underneath us….checking out the corals. Wow…this is like National Geography.

There were three couples in our boat. One British, one Chinese, one Malay. Every time we got into a spot, I would dive in. Boy, I was enjoying this. And then it happened….the ultimate adventure. (at least for me)

I was so caught up feeding the fish that I didn’t realize that I was been swept away by the current. My brother Yong Guang alert me. I tried to swim to get back but I couldn’t fight the current. Yong Guang tried to help me but it was just too much. He decided to go back to the boat to alert the boat driver.

I was drifting towards this big rock. I could see the shell stuck on the rocks and I thought I would get wounded. And then because of the current somehow, I was swept away from the rock. (Hmm…think that God had a hand in rescuing me from the rocks).

Then I went further and further away to the open sea. And frankly, I panic. I was drifting until I couldn’t even see the boat. Oh dear…..is this the end?

A few minutes later, my deliverance came. The boat picked me up. And my speech to my fellow boat mates, ‘I think its time to go home.’ And everybody laughed.

Anyone here for some adventure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------