Weekend at Raub & Bentong
I’m afraid I took on a bit more than what I could handle, last weekend. Friday, I was in Seremban to meet with some of the TUMC guys to plan for our national Prayer Conference. Coming back to KL was really bad as we got caught in a massive traffic jam at Subang Jaya entrance. I was so tempted to use the emergency lane, but I didn’t. Decided to uphold the law. Later, at the entrance there was a police man stopping cars that broke law.
Saturday morning, I found difficult to get up as tiredness was setting in. But I pushed myself, with the help of God. Later, the MYF Council decided not to follow me to Raub. I attended the MYF national Council meeting at about 2 p.m. The meeting lasted until about 5. Then, I had my lunch at about 5.30 p.m.
At night, I traveled to Raub. Reached Raub at about 10.40 p.m. Had dinner at my favourate shop. Ginger fish rice…yummy!! I checked in to my former house at about 11.30 p.m. Something strange happened that night. I decided to spend time with the Lord…doing my quiet time. It was a struggle at first because I hadn’t finish preparing my sermon for the next day. But I decided to spend time with God. After that I was simply amazed. God gave me the message to preach. (I have studied the text earlier…in case you are wondering). And the whole process was so quick.
I came back from Raub at about 7 p.m., the next day. Must tell you that there was really a melody in my heart. The two services, both in Raub and Bentong went on well. I felt the Lord’s presence and anointing. In Raub, God really helped me to be myself, when I preached the Word. In Bentong, a few came to see me after the message for prayers. What the Lord taught me on that day was to be myself and to minister as His Spirit leads me. No need to make the message ‘happen’. We just need to be faithful in doing what the Lord has called us to do.
One thing that really brought much joy to my heart was to meet up with some of the young people in Raub. May, just came back for a break from UK. It was really great catching up with her again. Mabel, shared with me about how God helped her out in her studies, especially in her final exams. Wow….God is at work in the lives of these young people. My heart really leaped with joy!
One key thought that sort of stayed in my mind is God’s call for us to be His labours. Sometimes, as His workers we are called to sow His Seeds. Often times we would not be able to see the fruits, but in faithfulness we must do His work, trusting that God will do the work of make the seed to grow into a beautiful tree that will produce abundant fruits. I feel very much recharged and energized after seeing the work of God, last weekend. Praise be to God!
Saturday morning, I found difficult to get up as tiredness was setting in. But I pushed myself, with the help of God. Later, the MYF Council decided not to follow me to Raub. I attended the MYF national Council meeting at about 2 p.m. The meeting lasted until about 5. Then, I had my lunch at about 5.30 p.m.
At night, I traveled to Raub. Reached Raub at about 10.40 p.m. Had dinner at my favourate shop. Ginger fish rice…yummy!! I checked in to my former house at about 11.30 p.m. Something strange happened that night. I decided to spend time with the Lord…doing my quiet time. It was a struggle at first because I hadn’t finish preparing my sermon for the next day. But I decided to spend time with God. After that I was simply amazed. God gave me the message to preach. (I have studied the text earlier…in case you are wondering). And the whole process was so quick.
I came back from Raub at about 7 p.m., the next day. Must tell you that there was really a melody in my heart. The two services, both in Raub and Bentong went on well. I felt the Lord’s presence and anointing. In Raub, God really helped me to be myself, when I preached the Word. In Bentong, a few came to see me after the message for prayers. What the Lord taught me on that day was to be myself and to minister as His Spirit leads me. No need to make the message ‘happen’. We just need to be faithful in doing what the Lord has called us to do.
One thing that really brought much joy to my heart was to meet up with some of the young people in Raub. May, just came back for a break from UK. It was really great catching up with her again. Mabel, shared with me about how God helped her out in her studies, especially in her final exams. Wow….God is at work in the lives of these young people. My heart really leaped with joy!
One key thought that sort of stayed in my mind is God’s call for us to be His labours. Sometimes, as His workers we are called to sow His Seeds. Often times we would not be able to see the fruits, but in faithfulness we must do His work, trusting that God will do the work of make the seed to grow into a beautiful tree that will produce abundant fruits. I feel very much recharged and energized after seeing the work of God, last weekend. Praise be to God!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home