Thursday, March 26, 2009

TRAC Prayer Conference 2009

"A breath of fresh air", "refreshed, renewed, inspired, compelled, convicted, energized, empowered to pray". These are some words I can think of to described the recent TRAC Prayer Conference, which was held at Olympic Hotel, KL. Pastor Julius Suubi from Kenya was the main speaker. I felt so encouraged and not to mentioned ministered. The Lord's Presence was so strongly felt. Even before the Conference began, I sensed God saying that this conference is His Work. How I have longed for the time when we would experience 'work done by the hands of God.' In Jesus' words, "the finger of God." The Lord has been showing me that it is important to be exposed to 'seasoned prayer warriors' if we want to grow deeper in our prayer life. It is one thing to talk about prayer. What we need now is to learn from men of prayer. Like Jesus' disciples who came to Jesus and invited him to teach them about prayer. Julius was such a person. He would go on days fasting, praying, waiting upon the Lord. At the same time, it is important that the focus and emphasis shouldn't be in any one man. This is the work of God and i am grateful for people like Julius who have gone through the process of "consecration"; such people God will use. (This is another Word i felt the Lord laying in my heart. If we consecrate ourselves to the Lord's work, God will use us greatly. But there is a cost to pay. Mark Goodwin once made this remark). Today, i just want to give God the glory. He has seen our hunger and driesness, especially in our prayer life. I say this for myself. I must confess that I know much about prayer, but still struggle hard to have a consistant prayer life. At the end of everything, what is important after this Conference for me is to develop a consistent life of prayer, led by the Holy Spirit. May God grant grace for His servant to do so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jarod said...

sigh!

I miss out this Prayer Conference.

Got to wait another year!!!!

2:02 am  
Blogger Pastorpher said...

Don't have to wait another year. Pastor Julius is coming to LMC from June 12 -14. Make sure you be there!!

1:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------