Ultimate Test
This is one of those days. I got up with a thought in my mind. "its ultimately about obedience." I am thinking about discipleship. What makes a true believer? Not the "True Jesus Church" but with what one does with God's command. Anyone who wants to be a believer cannot run away from the demands of the gospel.
I guess that is why at the end of it all Jesus says not everyone who calls him Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of God. Only those who obeys His Word.
Having said this, i must also add a word of caution. Obedience is not something that comes natural to many of us. Frankly speaking, most of us struggle and even fail miserable at the task of obeying God. Maybe, this is why the scripture tells us that we need the help of the Holy Spirit (Phil. 2:13).
I guess that is why at the end of it all Jesus says not everyone who calls him Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of God. Only those who obeys His Word.
Having said this, i must also add a word of caution. Obedience is not something that comes natural to many of us. Frankly speaking, most of us struggle and even fail miserable at the task of obeying God. Maybe, this is why the scripture tells us that we need the help of the Holy Spirit (Phil. 2:13).
Labels: Discipleship

2 Comments:
hi Pastorpher,
I do agree with you that discipleship is ultimately about obedience. We may have the best structured program, the most illuminated biblical teaching and the deepest commmitment, yet if we do not obey, it means nothing.
I believe someone once said that Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship. Amen to that.
hi there pastorpher.. Chris here.. well this is an unrelated comment but i somehow manage to bump into your blog.. hmm we should start corresponding again.. haha.. do email me at angelochrisso@hotmail.com
Post a Comment
<< Home