Yohanen’s Lesson
Yohanen, my 16 months son taught me an important lesson today. I was out with him walking in the porch of my mother's house. He loves running up and down along the long porch. Once in a while he would get interested in trying something a bit more challenging. He would climb on the side of the porch, a rough uneven ground (about 5 meters wide). He is aware that it is a difficult place to walk alone. So whenever he wants to get on this rough ground, he would call on me for help. All I needed to do is to stand beside him, hold out my hand. As his tiny fingers get a firm grip on my fingers, he would climb up this challenging ground. Then, I would walk with him in this difficult ground. As I reflected on this experience, I realized how important it is to reach out for help when we are unable to make it on our own. Our heavenly Father is always waiting to help us through the difficult and challenging path of life. All that is needed is a call for help, and He will lead us. What an assurance in facing the tsumami of life.

3 Comments:
yeah. it's nice to have someone esp Jesus to be beside us while we ride the roller coaster of life.
Andrew, aren't we privileged? I guess this makes up for all the struggles and difficulties we face.
You know, every child is different. My second one will want to attempt all kinds of task on his own and would reject your offer to help. Guess he has more confidence in himself than Mommy does. Hahaha...
But if he can't do it after a few tries, he knows where he can go for help. That's a lesson for us too.
Post a Comment
<< Home