Dark night of the Soul
The thought that i had this morning as i got into my car is this: 'God's love is unfailing.' In the last few months (where i have been pretty silent), i have been discovering once again the reality and power of this wonderful truth. I felt that i have failed to be what I desire to be as a Christian. I struggled through the experience of dissapointing God and the feeling of everything 'falling apart.' I preached so much about prayer and seeking God, yet, I realise that i have fallen far short of what God expects of me. In the moments of darkness, i have come to see to a certain extend the ugliness and deception of my own heart. Yet, God has not stopped showing me that despite of all that i am (and what is hidden within me) He loves me and is love is unfailing.
At the end of the day, we can rely on God and His great love; and having experienced this reality we can experience transformation. I guess, sometimes we are afraid to confront our own darkness because we are afraid of losing control and experiencing the consequences of our condition. How wonderful is it to know, that in the Presence of a loving and gracious God, we can stare at the darkness of our souls and know that we are 'overcomers' because of God's unfailing. Praise be to God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home