'Bitter sweet weekend!'
'Bitter sweet'...that's the word that comes to mind when i think about last weekend experience. My preaching at Subang Methodist Church was not so good. I was struggling all the way through and according to a trusted friend, i went 'all over the place' in the delivery of my sermon.
'Ouch...that's really painful,' but its the truth. I realised that my preaching has not been getting any better and i am really struggling. I would appreciate if you could uphold me in your prayer! I would want to be used by the Lord. It is very discouraging when i see that i am not doing what i am called to do effectively. And frankly speaking, it is very humbling. I feel like wearing a 'paper bag' over my head when i know deep in my heart that i could have done better. But i am not giving up hope. I am looking to God, no matter what happens. This is where i stand!
The sweeter part of the week was the meeting with people. We had a nice lunch over at Jenny's place with some friends from Myanmar. It was great to see these people who are so dedicated in their service to the Lord. It was also great to meet up with Larry & family. Evans, smiled at me as i carried him. It was so refreshing to go out for lunch with them with Rhema and Soo Tian joinning us. Oh yeah...it was great to meet up with Soo Tian, especially after so long of not meeting up with him.
One pleasant surprise i encountered at Subang Methodist Church was to see so many youths attending Sunday Service (about 20%). Wow...that was really great. After service we talked with some of them and felt the immediate connection with them.
I guess this was God's way of encouraging me. Although i felt the 'knock out punch' at the end of the service (due to my poor preaching), God encouraged me by helping us to connect with these youths. Our friends in Subang are doing a good job with the Youths & the group is growing!
For those who are in Subang...if you aren't attend any church yet....why not check out Subang Methodist Church? Contact me if you need directions :)

3 Comments:
Thank you!
hey pastor, don't be discouraged yeah! to be honest, i've heard really good sermons from you before especially those you preached in CMC bentong (= i think you're an engaging preacher and you're always so enthusiastic and sincere in what you say, that i can't help but be affected by it too. not saying this to flatter you but really, like SK said, everyone has their bad days! go, pastor! hehe
btw, i used to attend subang meth church for a time back during a-levels! brings back nice memories (=
Thank you May for those encouraging words. I pray that God will help me to stay true and faithful to the calling that he has placed in my life. I also thank God for friends like you who makes a difference.
Post a Comment
<< Home