Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Prayer Conference: Its Time!

What was so great about Prayer Conference? I think for me it was the opportunity to experience God. From the very begining of the Conference, I felt God speaking to me concerning what He was doing. On the first day of the Conference, there was this deep conviction that God was going to do something which would blow my mind away. Even when i fetch some friends from PD bus station, I could sense that God had prepared hearts to encounter Him. I was very blessed of talking with Vern about her burden for God's ministry. Surain's sharing concerning what God is doing in these days moved me to tears. Even when i was praying with William before the session began, there was this conviction in my heart that this was no usual conference.
On the first night session, i felt God speaking to my heart telling me that His time has now come. But it was not that night. God was preparing His people for what was about to take place. The next day morning Rev. Ong shared about dealing with hindrance to prayer. He talked especially about forgiveness. Even then, quite a number responded, putting right the matters of the heart.
Mark's session was significant. He talked about the Spirit's role in empowering the Christian. I felt an intense desire to hear God's word....i think it was like the disciples who heard Jesus on the road to Emmanus....'my heart was burning.'
When it came to ministry time, i think about one quarter of the group responded. We found ourselves praying....down of the fall worshipping God....there was so much of space for the Holy Spirit to work...and hearts were crying out to the Lord.
Through Vision, Word of knowledge, the Word, prayers....God began speaking. Wow....He was so real and personal. I think what was significant for me was discovering what was in His heart. He showed me that He loves the people in this world. His heart is going out to those who are yet to know Him. Soon i felt an intense desire to share the Gospel and the love of Christ.
Our youths were simply going all out for the Lord. You should see them praying. They were really on fire for the Lord. I think it was like the days of Elijah when fire fell down on heaven and consume the offering...God's fire fell on us. All throughout these times, i felt God was drawn us to Himself. Not just to receive His gifts, but to receive Him first and foremost.
At the end of the Conference nearly all the youths were on the knees worshipping God! I can almost feel what was going on in the air. 'The Lord...He is God! The Lord....He is God!' Jared's session was simply incredible. What i felt was a turning point is the sharing of David (a boy who seldom talks....most of the time He keeps to Himself). He shared about how God filled the emptiness within His heart when He responded to God. Indeed, the bible is true...unless we become like a little child we cannot enter the Kingdom of God....and may i add...we cannot experience the things of God.
We came back home...rejoicing! One more incident to share: When we were on our way back home we received a call that one of our friends was feeling down because of her SPM results. I was pleasantly surprise when Su Ann so readily and willingly prayed for her in the car. She didn't hesitate....she prayed so well (what i mean is that Rhema and I felt that it was so evident that the Lord led her in prayer). What more can we ask? Isn't this what Prayer Conference should be?
I have to run now. Have a meeting in NECF office. God bless. To all my prayer conference friends, i have this to say: 'keep the fire burning!'

2 Comments:

Blogger Pastorpher said...

Hi friend, thank you for the encouraging words. You have given me one more reason to go on. Praise God & thank you

10:38 am  
Blogger Pastorpher said...

Amen! Amen! Amen!

2:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------