Weekend in Kuantan
It was a tough weekend for me. Last week was really busy. I had our Youth Leadership Camp planning meeting on tuesday, and after that there were so many follow ups to attend to. On wednesday, i attended Methodist College CF, and had a great discussion with the students about why there are so many denominations & Churches. Briefly, we discussed about how God made use of different people throughout history to make different emphasis about the kingdom of God. I have come now to a point where i can respect and work closely with people from different churches. I realise that none of us has got it all. At the same time, we need to also treasure the distinct characteristic that is in our own church. That might be our contribution to the larger body.
Okay...coming back to the weekend, i prayed that God would guide me in the sermon that i needed to prepare on Sunday. I struggle through the preparation...and when Sunday came, i was led to preach another message. I was so surprised that the message was really one that the church needed to hear (this i discovered later in the evening). Sometimes, we just need to obey God even though we might not be 100 % sure. We must trust that God always knows what's better for us and others. Praise the Lord! (oh yeah...Rhema, my dear wife was praying for me all the time, and i couldn't have preached that well, if she didn't uphold me in prayer).
Permit me to share one other thought i had. I discovered that i really need to get people to pray for me & family. Many times when we need to do what God wants us to do, there seem to be so many discouragement, struggle and opposition. The temptation to take things in my own hands seems so strong. But as i learn to cling on to God...no matter what, i begin to see breakthroughs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home