Friday, October 07, 2005

God's Work at TAR College CF Camp

“I’m back!”…..no, those are not the words of ‘The Terminator.’ Just stepped into my office after returning from TRAC College CF Camp. Want to know what is the theme of the camp? “Barrels of monkey is suits & tie”. Now, you know why they invited me to speak at the camp? Hahaha….

Seriously, the last two days has been really great for me. Yesterday, when I spoke at the session, the message was very dull & boring. I had all this slides beautifully prepared but I guess I am not much of a teacher. When I went back to my room, I felt so low. I didn’t want to come out at all. I felt like hiding and running away. So much for all that enthusiasm for being a camp speaker. Then, I spend some time to pray & did my quiet time. God is good! He began to speak to me through His Word. He sort of showed me what was wrong….not the message but my life needed some realignment. That evening I went for a walk. And I must tell you that I have not had a walk alone for a long time. I realized that I have been so busy, running from one place to another, that I haven’t had time for solitude & reflection.

As I sat facing the sea, I took notice of the waves. And then there was this revelation: the world is spinning and I am not doing anything much! God began to speak to me. He told me that He is working in the world and if I would just be still I will see Him. The challenge in ministry is not to make things happen but to capture the moment when God begins to work.

This morning as I did my quiet time, God spoke me once again. He told me that He is going to do something great in the midst of us in the camp. As I stood there in front of the students (during my session) I decided not to rely on my beautiful slides or some games or video clip. I just prayed & began to speak. I felt God’s Word “burning” in  my heart.

God worked in a powerful way today. At the end of the session, some of the people were crying. We were ALL overwhelmed by God’s Presence. No one uttered any words. People just stayed in the hall and God was doing a deep work in their lives.

I was so surprised at what happened. It was as if all the sudden, God showed up and everything changed. I know that it was not me….it was the work of the living God. Glory to God.

In the last three days, I have also met some of the most wonderful people. So many young people from different churches & yet having the same love and passion for God. I’m grateful for what God had done, and for the opportunity to be apart of this.

Thank you for praying. I believe your prayers have made a difference! I want to look forward to see more of God working in the midst of us….Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger J-mes said...

Yo pher, james here. Wassup?? Long time nv see u guys ddi miss ya people alot, hey i'm really touch by ur posting today, i mean its been a long time since i had my personal time with God, coz always so busy running here and there to, no chance for camps either. I need God badly

6:42 pm  
Blogger Pastorpher said...

Hi James. Sometimes busyness can be a terrible disease that erodes our soul. I'm glad that God has put a desire for Him in your heart. It might be his way of getting our attention. Take care, my dear brother.

12:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------