Emmaus Community
Our meeting last night was very encouraging. Eight of us met at Priscilla & Edwin's Condo. We started of with a simple meal, then we had a short time of worship. Yesterday's meditation was about the Storm (Mk. 4: 35 - 41). Our discussion from the Bible was about Jesus' presence. We talked about how there are moments in our lives when we go through 'dark times' when the Lord seem not to be present. Our immediate conclusion is like that of the disciples, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" We jump into conclusions simply because we perceive Jesus not to be doing anything. We took some time to our own personal experiences....and God's encouragement to turn to Jesus as such moments. (I think our permature conclusion of Jesus, is base on our lack of knowledge of who is actually is & what we mean to Him)
I think, for me, the highlight of yesterday's meeting was when I heard our young people sharing about how God is real to them, especially when they go through difficult times. I believe God allows us to go through difficult times so that we might get to know Him better. Sometimes, our knowledge of God will only be complete when we experience the reality of His Presence in our daily experience.
We closed the meeting by spending some time to pray. Overall, we have had a good meeting. I came back home feeling very encouraged & blessed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home