Youth Praying
Many youths might think that Prayer is boring; what more attending Prayer Meetings. But if one understands what true prayer is, this perception is most like to change. I sat with four other youths in the Prayer Conference to pray. I began by asking the Holy Spirit to lead us in prayer. Then He gave me an idea about how to lead these youths in prayer. He began to show me what to pray for…one item at a time. As soon as I heard what the Lord said, I made the request known to the group and challenged someone to pray. This went on for about 20 minutes. Everyone in the group took turns to pray. Then the Lord impressed in my heart to tell the Youths that they should ask the Lord on what to pray. What happened next was really a surprise to me. As these young Christians waited upon the Lord, they began to pray short prayers. This happened for about 20 minutes. After this, we stopped and I asked them about what they feel very strongly about the items that we have been praying for? One of them shared a word that was in his heart. Then everyone centered their prayer on that particular item. Wow…this was simply amazing! God was indeed leading us. I think if we catch glimpses of what God is doing in our prayer meeting, Prayer would indeed be very exciting.
As I reflected on this experience I realized one thing. We always tell me to pray but we don’t show them how to pray. I think if people begin to experience how prayer is done….they would most like to catch the vision to pray. Please don’t get me wrong. I am not reducing prayer to certain formulas or methods. But I think there is a great needs for more matured Christians to sit down with younger Christians and pray. The spirit and essence of prayer is most like to be caught and thought. (this is not to say that teaching is not important).
------------------------------
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home