Ground breaking for Meth. Youth Centre
It was a momentous morning. By the grace of God, I was present at the ground breaking ceremony of Methodist Youth Centre, Ipoh Wesley, my home church. Also present were the leaders of the church, who were responsible for encouraging me to enter Seminary. About 12 years ago I was the Youth Worker in this church. The Word that God seemed to impress in my heart was taken from Psalms 71: 17 - 18. “Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvellous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.”
As we stood together and worshipped God, in our midst were people from ‘different generations.’ We held the ‘cangkul’ together and symbolically broke the ground as a testimony of proclaiming God’s Word and power to the generations to come. God seemed to be saying, ‘ask me and I give you the next generation!’ O how we need to have generations that would fear God, walk reverently in His Presence and be committed to lay down their life for the Lord. I also remember the words of our forefather, Rev. Bishop Thoburn (1892) who felt God’s Word burning in his heart as he entered our land, “not by might, nor by power but by My Spirit, says the Lord” Indeed, we have a great legacy left by our forefathers.
As we stood together and worshipped God, in our midst were people from ‘different generations.’ We held the ‘cangkul’ together and symbolically broke the ground as a testimony of proclaiming God’s Word and power to the generations to come. God seemed to be saying, ‘ask me and I give you the next generation!’ O how we need to have generations that would fear God, walk reverently in His Presence and be committed to lay down their life for the Lord. I also remember the words of our forefather, Rev. Bishop Thoburn (1892) who felt God’s Word burning in his heart as he entered our land, “not by might, nor by power but by My Spirit, says the Lord” Indeed, we have a great legacy left by our forefathers.

2 Comments:
cool!
indeed God has great plans for the Methodist Church.. thx for all the support bro! :) i wont let u down!
Post a Comment
<< Home