Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Adventures in Penang

My trip to Penang recently was very meaningful. I had a chance to visit the youths in Penang Wesley; they call themselves 'Joshua House'. They were really enthusiatic and passionate about God. I was really encouraged. One thing which was significant for me is that the guys and gals there prayed for us (Rhema and i). Wow...i just felt so refreshed and encouraged.
One thought that struck my mind as I was worshipping with them was that 'those who know God shall do great exploits!' Indeed, apart from God we can do nothing; but with God....as we abide in Christ, we can do great and might things. Or another way of looking at it is (a more accurate one) that God can do great and might things through us.
I felt this when i was preaching at the second service in Penang Wesley last sunday. I must tell you that when i was about to preach, i told the Lord that i was really tired and felt that i couldn't do a good job. Strange, but i think that it is in moments like this when God shows what He can do through us and that it is not our own doing.
As i began to preach i just sensed God's Presence and anointing. Wow...it was 'out of this world' experience for me. (i think for those who have seen me preach, you know how effective i am at putting people to sleep! hahaha) It was simply the work of God's Spirit....nothing more or nothing less. Indeed, dear friends, if we are with God we can do great exploits for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------