‘Supernaturally Natural Christian Life’
I had an interesting thought, one I believe was inspired by the Holy Spirit as I was driving to work. Coming to think about it, it is simple impossible to live the kind of life that God expects one to live! Just take me for example, just a short extra minute, a second of mind wondering can lead me away from God in an instant. Sooner it will become a moor hill, too embarrassed to be mentioned. More and more, I am realizing my heart’s condition is so frail that I can easily wonder away, drifting in our own world and imagination. Maybe, you don’t have such a problem. But I think it would be fair to say that many with good and noble intentions have tried to live a holy life, and persevered much but only to fall flat on the ground time and time again. So, why try? Or is there another secret to this pursuit?
One bible verse that a friend gave me recently sort of offended me. But this morning I am reminded of that Word again as I did my quiet time. “Unless you become like a little child you will not inherit the Kingdom of God.” ‘Hey, hello…..are you sure you are giving the right word to the right person.’ (Yes, you are not wrong if you detect some pride and arrogance behind such thinking).
But this is what God has been teaching me. It is when I realize that I am weak, that I can do nothing much without him (in fact the very opposite would most probably happen…ask Rhema!) and when I beg him for His help and yes, grace (God’s unmerited gift to one who do not deserve) that I do truly become like a little child and inherit the Kingdom. God will give supernatural power / ability to live the natural Christian life.
The new phrase came to mind to sum this up, “Supernaturally Natural Christian Life.” I wonder whether you understand what I am writing. Forgive me if this lesson seem element, but it has hit me like a ton of bricks!
One bible verse that a friend gave me recently sort of offended me. But this morning I am reminded of that Word again as I did my quiet time. “Unless you become like a little child you will not inherit the Kingdom of God.” ‘Hey, hello…..are you sure you are giving the right word to the right person.’ (Yes, you are not wrong if you detect some pride and arrogance behind such thinking).
But this is what God has been teaching me. It is when I realize that I am weak, that I can do nothing much without him (in fact the very opposite would most probably happen…ask Rhema!) and when I beg him for His help and yes, grace (God’s unmerited gift to one who do not deserve) that I do truly become like a little child and inherit the Kingdom. God will give supernatural power / ability to live the natural Christian life.
The new phrase came to mind to sum this up, “Supernaturally Natural Christian Life.” I wonder whether you understand what I am writing. Forgive me if this lesson seem element, but it has hit me like a ton of bricks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home