Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My two girls!!

It was elevenish. All of a sudden, it seems as if whole 'hell' broke lose. Pardon me for my language. Noises everywhere. I thought this was against the law! My neighbour had one of those nasty ones. The ones that go off like a Machine Gun. Non-stop. My two girls went bezerk! Knowing this was going to happen, I opened the gate and let them in. As soon as they heard my voice they stopped barking. Then occassionally they would get sidetracked by the fire crakers. (Chinese New Year eve) But I would call them and they would stop and turn to me. Of course, I have two very obedient and lovely dogs, the best in the world.
But what amazes me is the spiritual lesson behind this incident. I guess, in times of real danger and crises, Jesus comes to our rescue. He speaks to reassure us and all of a sudden the most traumatic situation becomes a place of refuge and safety.
Hey, just in case if you have not noticed, He doesn't take away the situation / crises. He takes us through the situation. I have a magnatic sticker on my fridge. It says, "The roadmap of faith doesn't drive all of the potholes in life, but through them!"
Let me say this, in case you have not heard. Sometimes, we must allow the darkness to come and engulf us so that we can see the brightness of His Presence. This is not to say that we must go chasing after darkness, but when it comes and hits us all we need to do is to be still and know that He is God.
My dogs taught me an important lesson. All I just need to hear is the Master's voice and everything esle no matter how frightening it seems, would be alright. At this moment, Buddy, my eldest daughter is sitting at my feet while i blog. If only I could learn to do that with my Master!

1 Comments:

Blogger doublejointed said...

eh hey! the resident philosopher's in the house! that's awesome insight, Pspher. I so get the 'don't need to look for darkness' bit. :)

But yes, you're definitely safe this time around. CNY's Eve last year, my darling doggie of 13 years ran away coz he got disorientated by the crackers. (and yes, no one was there to open the door for him.)

But hey, why let these things be footholds when you can hold on to God's feet!? :) Have an awesome time at segamat, k. Will miss you guys. Keep the updates!

love lots.

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

------------------------------